Aftershokz headphones have Bluetooth connectivity and are versatile to pair with almost every device. Pairing Aftershokz to the computer is just a matter of seconds. However, you may have to face some compatibility issues with Bluetooth versions. Also, some typical pairing issues, such as connected devices list full or some bugs. So, How to Pair AfterShokz to Computer?
If you don’t know, Aftershokz bone conduction headphones have Bluetooth version 5.0 or above. However, most laptops are compatible with Aftershokz, but there can be specific issues with support.
I will mention how to pair aftershokz to the computer in this article. In addition, there is a description of the aftershokz not connecting and a few tips to keep in mind while connecting headphones to Windows 10.
Requirements Before Pairing AfterShokz To Computer
Before doing anything, look at the following pairing Aftershokz to computer requirements.
- If you are using a computer and not a laptop, you must look for a Bluetooth module compatible with Aftershokz. If you are using a desktop computer, a Bluetooth adapter on your computer’s onboard will need to be turned on.
- Computers should be placed in a range of 1 meter from your Aftershokz headphones.
- Ensure that the headphones are sufficiently charged before pairing them to the computer.
How to Pair Aftershokz to Computer?
Following are the actual steps to pair Aftershokz to the computer.
Aftershokz Pairing Mode
Why do you put aftershokz in the pairing mode? To make it discoverable to other devices for a stable connection. These are the steps of how to pair aftershokz.
- Switch off the headphones
- Enable the pairing mode by pressing and holding the power/volume+ button for 5-7 seconds. Once you have done this, you will see your LED flashing red and blue. You will also hear the message, “Welcome to Aftershokz.”
- Wait until the headphones blink red and blue lights.
- Headphones will generate voice notifications as “Pairing.”
- Discovery mode is activated.
Steps to Connect AfterShokz to Computer
Everyone uses computers, and connecting audio devices is more straightforward than before. Bluetooth connectivity has replaced wired devices and established wireless links. This section concerns how I connect my computer with Windows 10 to my aftershokz. You must follow these steps to make a smooth connection between them.
The next step is to register the headphones on the computer.
- On your computer, in the search bar, type Settings.
- From the Settings menu, select Devices.
- Select Bluetooth and Other Devices option.
- In the Bluetooth menu, turn on the Bluetooth.
- From Settings, tap on Bluetooth and other devices and Add a Device
- Select aftershokz headphones and wait for some seconds until your computer discovers
- A list of available devices appears on the screen.
- Click on OpenRun by shokz to pair it with your computer.
Once the connection is done, the headphones beep and generate a voice notification as Connected. You also check the LED light turn Blue for confirmation. Moreover, aftershokz headphones automatically turn off if the pairing process still needs to be completed within 5 minutes. In that case, headphones demand to turn them on and begin pairing again.
Things to Keep in Mind While Pairing Headphones to Computer
- Aftershokz headphones will automatically turn off when the pairing process has yet to be completed within approximately five minutes from when it started. The pairing mode will automatically be canceled when this happens. You will need to repeat the pairing process to be able to pair again.
- The distance between computers and headphones also decides the sound quality. So, make both devices adjacent within a range of 1 meter.
- It is unnecessary to pair Bluetooth devices again if they have already been paired unless there is a specific reason to do so. Such as a headphone that has been reset or if a Bluetooth device is removed from the computer.
- In cases where the headphones have already been paired with 8 devices, they will not be eligible for pairing with the computer. You have to delete at least one device from the computer settings.
- If a new device is paired after 8 devices are already paired, the newly paired device will override that of the connected device with the longest pairing time.
- It is possible to connect the Aftershokz headphones to several devices simultaneously. However, you will listen to music from one of the devices.
- Despite its long battery life of eight hours and excellent standby time, Aftershokz Openrun headphones cannot connect with other Bluetooth devices when the battery is low. So make them charge fully before connecting.
Aftershokz Headphones Not Connecting
Why are Aftershokz headphones not connecting? The reasons are many, but the solution is one. Resetting the headphones clears most technical glitches, such as not pairing, connecting, producing muffled sounds, or not turning on.
- Initiate resetting by switching off the headphones
- Press the volume up button to enter pairing mode
- Hold the power button for 5-7 seconds and wait until the headphones blink red and blue lights.
- Headphones will turn on; press the multifunction, volume up or down button.
- Hold the three buttons simultaneously for 3-5 seconds.
- The headphones will beep and reset.
How to Pair Aftershokz other Models
Aftershokz Titanium, Aftershokz Air,
Why won’t my AfterShokz connect to my computer?
The first reason can be the number of connected devices limit reached in the Aftershokz headphones. Second, there can be some Bluetooth version compatibility issues. Third, computer Bluetooth is turned off. Lastly, there can be a bug in the headphones software, which you can troubleshoot with a reset.
Why are my AfterShokz beeping?
Headphones can send you a signal based on their battery status or whether you are trying to maximize or minimize volume on them in terms of volume. In some cases, your Bluetooth headphones may beep because of interference caused by other nearby devices.
Why won’t my Aftershokz headphones turn on?
You should look at the battery of the Aftershokz headphones first. If the battery is OK, you can reset the headphones. If nothing is working, you should claim a warranty if it exists.
Why won’t my AfterShokz connect to my computer?
Aftershokz headphones may decline to connect to the computer due to low battery issues. However, the connection is impossible if the pairing device limit is complete.
What is the button on the side of my AfterShokz headphones?
Aftershokz headphones have a control panel on the right, but there is a multitasking button on the headset’s left extension. The multifunction button, as the name indicates, is used for resetting the device, helpful in receiving or ending calls, or pausing/playing songs.
How do you check an AfterShokz battery?
The battery life of your headphones can be checked when no music is playing by turning them on. Most aftershokz headphones comprise 8 hours of battery life. But you must learn how to check it.
- Press the volume+ or volume- button.
- Audrey will let you hear the battery level message as Battery High, Battery Medium, Battery Low, or Charge Me.
Can AfterShokz battery be replaced?
AfterShokz does not offer battery repair or replacement services; however, they provide a two-year warranty on all AfterShokz batteries. If your battery cannot hold a charge or stops working correctly, AfterShokz can assist you in filing a warranty claim to receive a replacement.
Is there an AfterShokz app?
Yes, Aftershokz has an app, but it only works with the Open Run Pro model of Aftershokz. There is no possibility of customizing controls, listening profiles, or updating the firmware from the app.
Pairing aftershokz headphones to a computer allows you to enjoy your meetings while being aware of your surroundings. In this section, I have mentioned the easy steps of pairing aftershokz to a computer and the tips for caring when connecting headphones.